10 Great Reasons to Add Trees to Your Landscape
Photo by Acer Landscape Services
There are many great reason to add trees to your Landscape.
Here in Nashville and the Mid South, October thru early spring is a great time to plant trees. Planting while trees are dormant helps give them a head start in doing well by taking advantage of the rainy seasons.
Once well established they should give you years of enjoyment.
Here are 10 good reasons for planting more trees:
- Trees help keep the air clean by absorbing toxins and pollution. Acting like a giant filter, they absorb pollutants such as carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide. A leafy, healthy tree may produce as much oxygen in a season as 10 people inhale in a year.
- Trees help increase homeowners property value by adding curb appeal. Studies show that landscaping and hardscaping can deliver a return on investment as high as 150 percent.
- Trees improve soil as they filter harmful chemicals and clean water runoff into streams.
- Trees create shade and help cool your home by about 12 degrees thus reducing the need for air conditioning in the summer.
- Trees reduce stress. Simply sitting and looking at trees has been proven to reduce blood pressure as well as reduce stress related hormones.
- Trees create privacy from neighbors and roadways and hide unwanted views.
- Trees create shelter and food for wildlife in your yard. Birds especially love the shelter of evergreens and the berries produced by trees. Consider having your backyard certified as a Backyard Wildlife Habitat.
- Trees reduce noise pollution from highways, airports and neighbors. Trees are effective barriers against urban noise, not to mention much prettier than a stone wall.
- Trees create a feel of community as folks gather around the shade of a tree or take walks in the park under the large canopy of trees.
- Studies show that trees also reduce violence fostering safer, more sociable neighborhoods.
If you would like to plant more trees in your landscape, give us Acer Landscape Services a call for a free consultation today at 615-350-8030, or fill out the Contact Form on our website here
You May Also Like:
Planting Different Types of Trees in Nashville, Tn
Fastest Growing Trees For Tennessee
Autumn Blaze Maple for your Tennessee Garden
Resource: Some information in this article is from Total Landscape Care: http://www.totallandscapecare.com/thankful-for-trees/
At Acer, we're planting the good life. For FREE estimates call 615-350-8030 x 17 or complete our short form online
Want to be notified when we've written a new blog post? Subscribe To Our Blog and receive a copy of our new E-book!
Also published on Medium.