Looking for tips for adding seasonal color to your Nashville garden? Try some annuals!
At Acer Landscape Services, we know that adding sun-loving annuals is a great way to add color and pop to your existing flower bed during the fall, summer and spring seasons.
Why Add Full Sun Annuals to Your Garden?
- Annuals for sun are also drought resistant. This means that once established, the plant can survive on natural precipitation with little water. This does not mean you can allow the plant to wilt before you water it. Drought tolerant plants are those that deal with severe drought on a regular basis, and recovers from repeated wilting.
- Full sun annuals can be started from seed or by 4 inch pots from a local nursery.
The following is list of annuals that we love to plant because they do so well even if planted late here in the Mid South. The plants followed by an asterisk may also be grown form seed sown directly in the garden or started inside a few weeks before the first frost.
This list is by no means complete and our design team is happy to design and install seasonal color for you.
Need some help with picking out and designing your garden? We save you time and money so you may enjoy the activities that really matter to you. That’s how Acer is “planting the good life” for you and your family.
Fabulous Annuals for Adding Seasonal Color to Your Garden
- Medallion plant (Melampodium spp.)
- Coleus (Coleus xhybridus)
- Madagoscar periwinkle (Castharanthus rosea)
- Cleome (Cleome Haslerana)*
- Mexican sunflower (Tithomia rotundifolia)*
- Zinnia (Zinnia elegans)*
- Marigolds (Tagetes spp.)
- Moonflower (Ipomea alba)*
- Caladium (Caladium zhortulanum)
- Gomphrena (Gomphrena globosa)*
- Impatiens (Impatiens Wallerana)
- ‘Encore’ Begonia
- ‘New Look’ Celosia
- Joseph’s Coat (Amaranthus tricolor)
- Blue Daze (Evolvulus glomeratus)
- Pentas (Pentas lanceolata)
- Hyacinth bean (Dolichos Lablab)*
- Sunflower (Helianthus annus)*
- Morning-glory (Ipmoea purpurea)*
- Summer snapdragon or Angel Flower (Angelonia angustifolia)
- Petunias. Try the new hybrid from Proven Winners called Supertunia ‘Bermuda Beach’
- Lantana (Lantana camara) Try ‘Luscious Lemoande’ from Proven Winners. Voted one of the top 20 new annuals (& warm-climate perennials) of 2008.
- Cuphea (Cuphea llavea) Another favorite from Proven Winners called ‘Totally Tempted’ is one of our favorites.
You May Also Like:
At Acer, we're planting the good life. For FREE estimates call 615-350-8030 x 17 or complete our short form online. Want to be notified when we've written a new blog post? Subscribe To Our Blog and receive a copy of our new E-book!